On Sept. 9, nearly 92 years after it was completed, demolition began on St. Michael Hall. Completed on Sept. 29, 1921, the ravages of time had made the building no longer safe to inhabit. Once completed, the area where the building stood will be used for additional parking.
St. Michael was most remembered as classrooms for math and science at Mount Saint Joseph Academy until the school closed in 1983. In subsequent years it was the location of the business office, the archives and housed the offices of the community leadership team. The building was vacated in October 2010.
St. Michael shared a wall with the gymnasium, which is being retained.