Mount on the Road for Parish Communities
Spiritual formation where you need it.
As a parish priest or faith formation leader, would you like to offer more quality spiritual nourishment to your parishioners, but lack the time and energy to create and lead one? Let the staff at the Mount Saint Joseph Conference and Retreat Center do the work for you.
The Retreat Center has served as the Spiritual Life Office for the Diocese of Owensboro since 1989. The Ursuline Sisters and staff are recognized for their excellence in providing programs and retreats to feed your soul.
With “Mount on the Road,” we bring that expertise to your parish or provide programming online. Our motto is:
“We come to you. You come to us. We meet online.”
Your parish can choose from existing programs, or work with our staff to cater a program to your needs.
Mount on the Road offers …
- Top-notch presenters with the spiritual formation, education and experience you have come to expect from the Ursuline Sisters and the Retreat Center.
- Highly rated, enriching program content that is in line with the Catholic Church.
- Huge savings in staff time/cost since we create the curriculum and plan the program.
- Flexibility – we offer the programs at your parish or online.
- Customized options are also available on a limited basis. Contact us to discuss your needs and to get a personalized quote.
Examples of presentations/retreats offered include:
- Praying with the Saints
- Who is Your God?
- Trinity and Relationship
- Living Mary’s “Yes”
- Beginning to Pray
- Praying With the Bible
- Praying in Times of Illness
- The Key to Spiritual Vitality in Aging
- Understanding and Praying the Mass
- Developing a Eucharistic Spirituality
Program format and pricing
In addition to the presentation, the program may include times for prayer, quiet reflection, Lectio Divina, small-group sharing, and creative expression with music, poetry and/or visual arts.
Parish Program Pricing includes:
- One Evening or 1-hour session: $125 within Owensboro, Kentucky vicinity
- Two-hour session: $199
- Two to four 1.5-hour program sessions: $300–$600
- Retreat Day up to six hours, including three hours of input: $500
Special programming for Lent and Advent
We know Lent and Advent are special times when you want to offer programming for your parish. A season of Spiritual Formation for Lent or Advent includes:
- Retreat Day
- Two to four 1.5-hour program sessions
- Follow-up session in Easter time or after Christmas (Epiphany).
- Total Cost: $950–$1,300
Retreats and programs online will continue. Sign up and pay for eight or more of your parishioners and get a 25 percent discount on each registration.
“We are grateful for Mount Saint Joseph’s partnership in our diocesan efforts to make disciples of Jesus who witness God’s love to others. Ongoing Adult Faith Formation is essential in helping Catholics, and the Mount offers a spiritual powerhouse of teachers and resources. I highly recommend them for your personal and parish growth.” – Jeff Andrini, Director of Evangelization for the Diocese of Owensboro.
“Mount on the Road” Staff
Sister Cheryl Clemons, OSU, Ph.D., has been offering retreats, parish missions, and RCIA programs for over 25 years. Along with teaching and administrative experience, she brings extensive training in theology, Scripture, spirituality, and spiritual direction. Her deep love for study and prayer is always interwoven with her passion for connecting the treasures of Catholic theology and spirituality to people’s faith and everyday life.
Maryann Joyce is the director of the Mount Saint Joseph Conference and Retreat Center and a trained spiritual director. She brings her passion for spiritual formation/transformation and contemplative spirit to her work as a retreat facilitator and spiritual director. Trained in a classical Christian tradition, she weaves her authentic wisdom as a wife/mother, faith formation leader, mental health advocate and hospice worker with a creative and joyful approach.
Other Ursuline Sisters and contracted professionals may also be available for programs.
A brochure is available upon request.
Please contact Maryann Joyce, director of the Mount Saint Joseph Conference and Retreat Center, to discuss what we can do for your parish.