A few weeks ago on May 19-20, 2012, Mount St. Joseph celebrated Alumnae Day for the Academy and Junior College. This yearly tradition brings together women who attended the Mount St. Joseph Academy or Junior College. The Junior College, founded in 1925, moved to Owensboro in 1950 and is now known as Brescia University. The Academy, which brought the Ursuline Sisters to St. Joseph, Ky., opened in 1874 and closed in 1983. This annual weekend is spent in fellowship with classmates, sharing stories, catching up on life events, and honoring those who have greatly impacted the alumnae and the Ursuline Sisters.
The Alumnae Association of Mount St. Joseph College and Academy was officially organized on June 20, 1905 by Mothers Aloysius Willett and Agnes O’Flynn in conjunction with Miss Ada Mae Hunter, class of 1904. That date was the Silver Jubilee Anniversary of the Legal Charter of the institution and of the first conferring of graduating honors through the authority of the Statute of Incorporation.
Through the years the Alumnae Association has contributed much to Mount St. Joseph through the donations of religious artwork (statues, stained glass windows, etc.), scholarships, and other financial assistance.