It’s that time again when workplace production across the country comes to a screeching halt, as the NCAA Tournament begins this week. Once again, some lucky participant will wear the crown as champion of the Mount Saint Joseph tourney. Maybe this year it will be you. There’s only one way to find out … fill out a bracket and play the game.
A few extra teams play on Tuesday and Wednesday, but like the rest of the country, we’ll be ignoring these games for our tournament. No later than 11 a.m. Thursday, March 15, fill out your bracket picking every game of the 64-team tournament, up to the national champion, and turn it in to Dan Heckel with your $2 entry fee. (Dan’s office is in St. Angela Hall.) There will be some tournament brackets around the campus, or feel free to make your own copy. Only one entry is allowed per person.
Here’s how the scoring goes:
- You get 1 point for each correct game in the first round.
- 2 points for each win in the second round.
- 4 points for the third round.
- 8 points for each team you correctly pick for the Final Four.
- 16 points for each team you put in the championship game.
- 32 points for correctly picking the national champion.
- If we have a tie, the tie-breaker will be whichever person won the most games in the tourney. If that ends in a tie, we’ll split the pot.
I’ll update the scoring after each round and let you know where you stand. The winner will receive 75 percent of the pot, the runner-up 25 percent. The more people who play, the richer the pot and the more fun.
Don’t miss out on March Madness.