Ways of Giving
A gift to the Ursuline Sisters is tax deductible and can take many different forms. In all cases when considering a charitable gift, confidential discussion with the Director of Development is recommended as a first step. Working with your personal financial advisor, banker, insurance agent, or broker is also recommended. There are a number of ways you can support the wonderful work of the Sisters. The following suggestions may be helpful. For more information, please contact Betsy Mullins, Director of Development, at 270-229-2008 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cash or Check
- Cash, usually in the form of a check, is the most common form for charitable cash gifts. This gift enables you, the donor, to claim income tax deductions of up to 50 percent of your adjusted gross income in the year the gift is made with a five year carry forward period. Checks should be made payable to the Ursuline Sisters of Mount Saint Joseph or simply “Ursuline Sisters.”
- Our online gift form is a quick and easy way to donate. Processed by PayPal, our form is secure and ensures the donor’s information is kept private. The Ursuline Sisters of Mount Saint Joseph will not sell or provide donor information to any other individual, company, or institution. Donate online today!
- Donating through Kroger’s Community Rewards Program is easy. Just sign up for the program at kroger.com/community rewards. Then, just shop at Kroger and swipe your Kroger Plus card at checkout. You do not sacrifice any in-store discounts or fuel points. The Ursuline Sisters of Mount Saint Joseph will receive a portion of the money you normally spend.
- If you could help support the Ursuline Sisters at no cost to you, wouldn’t you do it?If you are an online shopper, take just a moment to sign up for the Amazon Smile program. The Amazon Smile Foundation will donate 0.5 percent of the purchase price from eligible purchases normally made on amazon.com to the Ursuline Sisters, at no cost to the shopper.
Rather than logging into amazon.com, enter smile.amazon.com. After you sign into your Amazon account, it will ask you to select a charity to receive rewards. Go to the box below and type “Ursuline Sisters of Mount Saint Joseph” and click “select.” Now every purchase you make on Amazon will result in 0.5 percent of the proceeds being returned to support the Ursuline Sisters
After signing up, if you go to amazon.com in the future, it will remind you to go to smile.amazon.com to take part in the Amazon Smile program. You should see a notification at the top of the page that says “Supporting: Ursuline Sisters of Mount Saint Joseph.”
Thank you for taking this simple step to assist in supporting the ministries of the Ursuline Sisters.
Stocks and Securities
- Donors who contribute long term appreciated securities to the Ursuline Sisters will get a federal tax benefit. Gifts of appreciated stock are deductible at their full value if held longer than 12 months. Fair market value is the mean between high and low trades on the date of the gift. The capital gains tax on the stock’s appreciation (the difference between the cost basis and its present fair market value) is completely avoided. The fair market value of the donated securities can be deducted up to 30 percent of the donors’ adjusted gross income, with a five year carry forward if required.
- Donors who have stock that has not appreciated or which they no longer care to hold may find a charitable donation of the stock to be a better option.
- When you decide to leave the Ursuline Sisters of Mount Saint Joseph in your will, please let us know. We want to thank you for your wonderful generosity. If you wish to remain anonymous, your gift will be completely confidential. Please remember, however, that recognition of your gift can encourage others to do the same. We will honor you wishes and want you to know we are so grateful for your support of our mission. If you plan to remember us in your will, please meet with your attorney to update your will. The official legal title of our religious community is St. Joseph’s Female Ursuline Academy.
- To include us in your will the following language is suggested: “I, (name) of (city, state, zip code) give, devise and bequeath to St. Joseph’s Female Ursuline Academy, (written amount or percentage of the estate or description of property) for its unrestricted use and purpose.” If you have any other specific requests for the bequest, please contact Betsy Mullins at 270-229-2008.