Escape to the Mount Weekend is an opportunity to share in the vision of the Ursuline Sisters of Mount Saint Joseph. Join us on Saturday, Sept. 12, 2020 for a Trivia competition and our on-going Online Quilt Auction! The weekend will culminate at 3:30 p.m. on Sept. 13 with the drawing for the grand prize winners of the Mount Raffle, with the top winner receiving $10,000!
We encourage you to invite your friends and neighbors to support the mission of the Ursuline Sisters.
The Ursuline Sisters touch the lives of over 500,000 people a year through education, visiting the homebound, faith formation and providing for those in need. Your participation will make it possible for many others to experience the love of Jesus Christ in the spirit of Saint Angela Merici through the ministries of the Ursuline Sisters.
Enter your team in our Trivia competition for a chance to win prizes for first, second and third place. But mostly come out and have fun.
Trivia will be held in the Immaculate Parish Hall at 2516 Christie Place, Owensboro, Ky. from 6-8 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 12. Teams will consist of a maximum of 10 players. The entry fee is $25 per person, which will include snacks, drinks and adult beverages.
There will be three rounds of trivia, with the point totals increasing each round along with the difficulty of the questions.
Tickets for the Mount Raffle drawing will also be available for $5 per ticket.
Seating is limited, so secure your team now to assure your spot. To register online, click here.
You can also reserve your spot by writing a check to: Ursuline Sisters of Mount Saint Joseph. Please specify that it is for Trivia and list the team you are on.
You can mail that check to:
8001 Cummings Road
Maple Mount, KY 42356
Online Quilt Auction
Quilt Bingo will return in 2021, but you can still get your one-of-a-kind quilts during our 2020 online QUILT AUCTION!
To preview the quilts that will be available for bidding, click here.
Rules for Online Quilt Auction:
- To start the bidding on Monday August 24, three quilts will be featured on our website and Facebook page for participants to place their bids.
- To formally place their bid, participants will have to contact Carol Braden-Clarke by email at [email protected] or by calling 270-229-2008.
- There will be a bidding window for each quilt listed.
- Bidders must state their name, phone number, email and the amount of their bid and the quilt name and number they are bidding on.
- Bids must be increments of $10. (Example: Starting bid for #1 Quilt is $50 next bid would be $60.)
- At the end of each day, we will announce the highest bid on Facebook and our website.
- In the event of a tie, when the bidding closes on the featured quilts, bidders will be notified by phone to place another bid or a random drawing will be held for the winner if bidders do not want to make another bid.
- Winners can pay by credit card online or by phone. An invoice can also be sent to the winner for payment.
- Once payment is received, winner may arrange to pick-up their quilt or the quilt will be mailed to the winner. If quilt is mailed, there will be an additional shipping charge.
- If we have not received payment within 10 days, the quilt will go to the next highest bidder.
For just $5 per ticket in the Mount Raffle, you have a chance to win cash prizes of $10,000; A ring worth $5,000; $3,500; $1,000, $500, $250 and $100. You can also win a handmade quilt that is worth at least $1,000. The winners will be drawn at 3:30 p.m., Sept. 13, 2020. Buy your Mount Raffle tickets here.
We are excited for you to take part in our on Escape to the Mount Weekend! If you have any questions, contact Carol Braden-Clarke, Development director, at [email protected], or call 270-229-2008.